Grateful for my 19 year old cat
She had some health scares in 2007, coinciding with my late husband's struggle with terminal kidney cancer. I didn't think she would make it through 2007, but I got her treated and she did better for a while.
Again in 2008 it was touch and go, with a diagnosis of hyperthyroidism and kidney problems along with constipation! Poor kitty. I began to take her to a wonderful holistic vet, Maria Williams, DVM, in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Williams did acupuncture and chiropractic work on Maui, and slowly, she began to recover. She also gave me some herbal formulas for her diagnosis. Most of the liquid ends up on me or the floor, but some of it must be helping, because she is much better.
Maui and I travelled to Huntington Beach in a U-Haul for three days with my new husband. She did fine on the trip and she is now moving around more freely, not looking like she is hurting, nor is she making the awful howling noises she was making for such a long time. She is asleep under my desk right now. My new husband loves her and pets her and even gives her water from the bathtub whenever she wants it.
Maui has been a wonderful friend. I am very grateful for the gift of her presence in my life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home