Power of Gratitude

Gratitude is a powerful force for good. When we focus on what we're grateful for we bring more of the good things into our lives. I challenge you to add your statements of gratitude to this blog. What positive things can come from this? Let's find out!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holiday Gratitude

I am grateful for the holidays as a time for reflection, a bit of rest, and time to spend with family. My family of origin is all over the globe: my parents are in Uganda, my sister in Georgia, and my brother in New York. I miss them, yet I have spent time with my husband's family and I've enjoyed our holiday traditions. I am always excited to spend time with the grandchildren and decorate holiday cookies. I look forward to this and other traditions each Christmas.

I watched "It's a Wonderful LIfe" with my husband on Christmas Eve. It's a tear-jerker and an all around feel good movie. I was grateful my husband wanted to watch it with me.

We had salmon for Christmas dinner. My family has flouted tradition for many years, tiring of turkey and eager for the Alaskan salmon my father brought back from his yearly fishing trips. I decided to bring this tradition into my life with my husband, with good results.

I'm grateful today. What are you grateful for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home