Power of Gratitude

Gratitude is a powerful force for good. When we focus on what we're grateful for we bring more of the good things into our lives. I challenge you to add your statements of gratitude to this blog. What positive things can come from this? Let's find out!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Icy Weather Gratitude

Today in San Antonio, Texas, it is 30 degrees. The roads are iced over and we have a light rain. My back porch has a sheet of ice on it. The city is shut down, with major highways and bridges all closed. The children have had two holidays, one yesterday for Martin Luther King's birthday, and now again today because of hazardous conditions. I realize that in the northern states, this would be mild weather, but because it's so uncommon here, we are not equipped to drive with ice on the road.

What am I grateful for today? I'm grateful for the slower pace that the icy weather provides. I'm enjoying my extra day at home. By mutual agreement, my clients and I decided to play it safe and reschedule for later in the week.

I'm grateful for the hot chocolate and chicken soup that I can drink and eat while I spend this day indoors, in my cosy sweatsuit. I'm grateful for the extra day to get paperwork and billing done. I'm grateful for extra time to spend with my husband while it's cold outside.

What are you grateful for today? What can you do today while it's cold outside that you can be grateful for?


Michelle E. Vásquez, LPC
Relationship Specialist
Licensed Professional Counselor
I help people build strong, healthy relationships
Got a burning question about your relationship? Email me at mevasquez55@aol.com and I'll answer it for free!
210-663-9462
www.michellevasquez.com
http://languageofrelating.blogspot.com
http://powerofgratitude.blogspot.com

Sign up to receive my newsletter Relationship Success along with announcements about upcoming workshops and teleseminars at:
http:www.michellevasquez.com/index.html

For a list of self-help books I recommend, go to: http://www.michellevasquez.com/page10.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home