Power of Gratitude

Gratitude is a powerful force for good. When we focus on what we're grateful for we bring more of the good things into our lives. I challenge you to add your statements of gratitude to this blog. What positive things can come from this? Let's find out!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Grateful for Great Friends

Henry and Margaret Armendariz must be angels! Last Saturday, May 12, I decided the front lawn couldn't stand another day without mowing. I was pressed to do it because my husband, who is recovering nicely from his surgery, announced that he was going to mow. I realized that he was not ready for such a task, so I got out there and began.

We have a small electric mower that must be plugged into an outlet. It requires frequent stops (at least the way I do it) to mow the lawn to prevent mowing over the cord. I had finished most of the front lawn and had to take a break to eat something before continuing. While I was eating, a truck pulled up and out popped Henry and Margaret.

I went outside to greet them and tell them they had caught me in the middle of sweaty work. They responded that they had come bearing gifts of fruit from a local market (mangos, which Al and I both love, and other fresh fruit). They said they were here to mow our yard! They realized that Al wasn't able to do it, so they had come with their mower, trimmer, and blower.

I was blown away by their generosity! They finished up the front lawn while I went to the back to pick up branches and other things that needed to be moved so they could take care of the back yard. I was able to do some trimming of bushes while they took care of the rest. I didn't think I would get to the back yard until the next day, so I was grateful for their time and energy spent helping us get our lawn back in working order.

What wonderful friends to help us with practical things while Al is recovering. I am grateful for Henry and Margaret!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home